Updated: Nov 30, 2020
These recipes are all designed to make in the Thermomix TM5 or TM6. If you would like to see the Thermomix in action through a virtual demo or to ask any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parmesan Shortbreads with chilli and fennel
· 2 tsp dried fennel seeds
· 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
· 100 g Parmesan cheese, cut in pieces (2 cm)
· 150 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
· 100 g unsalted butter, soft
· 1 egg yolk, from large egg
· 2 pinches fine sea salt
· 1 large egg, beaten
1. Place fennel seeds and chilli flakes in mixing bowl then grind 3 sec/speed 8. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
2. Place Parmesan in mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 10.
3. Add flour, butter, egg yolk and fine salt then mix 10-15 sec/speed 5 until mixture comes together.
4. Tip out onto a lightly-floured surface, lightly knead dough for 30 seconds or until smooth, then halve. Shape each half into a long log with flat ends (approx. Ø 2.5 cm). Wrap both in cling film then place in fridge for 45 minutes. Towards the end of this time, preheat oven to 160°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
5. Remove cling film then slice logs (5-8 mm thick), reshaping into rounds if needed, and arrange on prepared trays.
6. Brush with beaten egg then sprinkle over reserved fennel and chilli mixture and coarse salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes (160°C) until just turning golden around the edges.
7. Leave on trays to cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container until needed.