It was a busy morning at BBC Radio Kent today with making soup and chatting on air about pumpkins, recipes, PYO farms in Kent and if children are more likely to try eating Pumpkins as they have carved them up for Halloween… interesting chat and as promised here is the recipe I made this morning. I did use a Thermomix and this is a Thermomix recipe, if you would like any information about this fantastic ‘magic pot’ please do drop me a line firstname.lastname@example.org
Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Orange
- 800-1000g pumpkin flesh
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 50g extra virgin oil, extra for serving
- 100g orange juice
- 1 orange zest only
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Roast pumpkin for 25-30mins until soft.
- Saute in a large soup pan, about half the oil, the crushed garlic, the coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, and dried thyme.
- Add reserved roasted pumpkin and orange juice. Stir throughly and then blitz until smooth and If you need to add more liquid use orange juice for the correct consistency.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and then serve drizzled with oil and orange zest.
For chickpea croutons:
Sieve a tin of chickpeas, spread evenly over an oven tray. Mix in a jug, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and some chopped fresh rosemary, drizzle over the chickpeas. Bake at 200C for 25-30 mins and add to the top of any soup for special a little different!