Superfood Cookies – Recipe
- 340g old fashioned rolled oats (use certified gluten-free oats, if needed)
- 170g oat flour
- 170g dried cranberries, raisins, or other dried fruit
- 170g unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 85g ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 mashed bananas
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar/syrup, honey, or other liquid sweetener
- 2 tablespoons almond milk or other milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 160C. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl—oats, oat flour, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in mashed banana, coconut oil, coconut nectar, and almond milk until well blended. Let mixture rest for 4–5 minutes, giving time for chia and flax to bind everything together. If your dough has gotten too thick, stir in an additional 1–2 tablespoons milk before scooping out onto your baking sheet.
- Measure dough out by the scant 1⁄4 cupful and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or lightly greased).
- Bake for 15–18 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2–3 days.
Makes 8–9 cookies.