This is the recipe for Soda Bread Rolls that I changed from a traditional one found in an old book.
This is using Pure Kent – White & Barley Flour.
1 egg, beaten
200g Pure Kent Coarse White & Barley Flour
50g Spelt Flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
250ml milk, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Beat egg in a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda until well combined.
- Add in milk, several tablespoons at a time, until the mixture forms a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a well floured work surface, and knead several times until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle about 1cm thick and cut into 5x8cm squares. Place the squares onto the prepared baking sheet or stone and brush each square with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the squares are lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes.