We celebrated a friends birthday this week and this has to be the healthiest of chocolate cakes, gluten free and very little sugar made with magic beans!
- 420g can kidney beans or butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp water or coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, or more to taste
- 70g raw cacoa or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125g butter
- 5 eggs
- 140g coconut sugar
- Add the beans, water/coffee, 1 egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Set Aside.
- In another bowl. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining eggs slowly stirring in.
- Add the reserved bean mixture and mix well.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into greased 20cm round, baking pan and bake 180C oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly in tin before turning onto a cooling rack.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
HINTS & TIPS:
You can also use oil instead of butter to make it dairy free – but butter is better!!
You can also make it in muffin tins which take about 20 minutes to cook.