This is a delicious recipe from Eat Drink Live Well. http://www.eatdrinklivewell.com
The recipe contains no sugar instead coconut oil, dates and vanilla extract. These ingredients all act as healthy sweeteners and the ‘chocolate’ is actually high antioxidant cocoa powder, with dark chocolate chips for texture. These fudgy brownies contain no flour, instead they have beans as their base – but you would only know it if you saw the recipe ingredients before tasting. I have even tricked the decorator!
This recipe makes 16 brownies:
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, to decorate
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a flapjack tin, approx 8 inches square, with greaseproof paper.
- Add all the ingredients apart from the chocolate chips and pecans into a blender and blitz until smooth. If the mixture seems a little dry, add up to a tablespoon of water.
- Stir in the nuts and half cup of chocolate chips, before tipping all the mixture in to your tin.
- Scatter the quarter cup of chocolate chips over the top, and bake in the oven for 25-30 mins. Keep an eye on your brownies to make sure they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven, let them cool for 5-10 minutes in the tin, before cutting and lifting out.