So far this British Summer has been wonderful… we have actually been able to act on spontaneity deciding at supper time, lets BBQ tonight! You have to remember that everyone else in the country is also being spontaneous at the same time, so you’ll need to shop early!
To celebrate the 4th July 2018 – American Independence Day we hosted a ‘supper club’ themed round BBQ, at Westerham Brewery Tap Room. It was a huge success with over 40 guests coming along to learn the tips and tricks from BBQ King and Aussie Dennis Broadfield from Deli Truck. He talked about three main skills of successfully bbq’ing food:
1. The Marinade
2. Heat control
3. Quality Meat or ingredients
We all got so much out of it, I loved the hand test best as controlling the fire and knowing when its ready to cook has always been something I find difficult. I don’t want to give too much away but we will be doing some more events with Deli Truck in the meantime I am sure some of you have seen this, thought it was brilliant…
We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill – beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
(6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes
And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ‘ her night off ‘, and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women